Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Goodbye...Or Until I See You Again?

Oh dear. My time here is coming to a close, and I'm none to happy about it. These two weeks have flown by. I have been filled with such joy as I've gotten to know the kids, the workers. It takes many willing and kind hearts to make this place run - and after two weeks here, it's obvious that CSC is filled with love. The kitchen is always busy (lots of mouths to feed!), the nursery playroom is full of energy - toys, music, laughter. The older kids are so great with the young ones - taking time to hold them, help them learn how to walk, sing about the Lord to them, teach them to dance. Then there are the women who work in the laundry room, others who clean, others who help maintain the beautiful property. So many who give of themselves daily to make this place not only a safe haven for these children, but also a home filled with love, teaching, and encouragement. The Lord is clearly working here and it is a joy to witness.

It has been such fun getting to know everyone here. Their kindness in opening up their lives and homes to me leaves me grateful. Always a smile, a hello. I know the past 30 years hasn't been an easy road to walk down for those involved with CSC, but the Lord's strength has carried them through! What life experience they have. They have seen great sorrow and yet continued great joy.

So tomorrow I fly to Australia. I know it will be a great time as well, but everyone that makes CSC what it is - they hold a dear place in my heart. So the question is, is it "goodbye" or is it "until next time?" If I had my way...well, I think you know what the answer would be. I will be praying for an opportunity to visit again...if they will have me. I am eager to see if/how the Lord will orchestrate seeing this place again.

Off to the land of Oz.....

2 comments:

  1. Loving your updates Erin, thanks for sharing your experiences. I will continue to pray for safe travels and new adventures!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Land of Oz??? I don't think anyone in history has ever referred to Australia as the "Land of Oz." I'm not knocking it, just lettin' you know that you're one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete