Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Interjection: Colombia

So I have to make an interjection before the last two posts in the Singlehood series. I've been wanting to share this with you, my blog readers, and I can't wait any longer. In four short weeks from this coming Saturday, I get to go on a medical mission trip to Colombia!

I was given this incredible opportunity to help lead a team from 12Stone Church for a week as we travel to two villages outside Barranquilla. We'll be setting up medical clinics in each of these villages, providing medical care and connecting with the villagers as we share the good news of Christ's death and resurrection. We're working with e3 Partners, a ministry organization that exists to share the Gospel through equipping nationals to evangelize and establish churches throughout their own countries. Their mission and vision is incredible. I am so excited to be working with an incredible ministry in a country where God is at work doing amazing things (some good friends were there with e3 Partners in June)! 

The two villages we'll be traveling to are new to e3. For some reason this excites me to the extreme. I think maybe because it's an opportunity to rise to a challenge - working where e3 hasn't been before. Yay! We're there to help pave a way for new ministry opportunities, new churches, ultimately new eternal life. 

Our team consists of doctors, nurses, paramedics, and nursing students, coming together from South Carolina and Georgia. I am eager to get there, eager to see a new place, eager to get to work, but most importantly I'm eager to follow God's lead in conversations, actions, and prayer. I have a high expectation for God moving through our team. That is my prayer. That He would move and speak and bring life and encouragement. Restoration of lives through His redemption. 

Ugh...can we just leave already?!

I would love for you to join me in this. Two ways you can do this: prayer and/or money - they don't have to be mutually exclusive. :) 

Prayer for...me and my team as we prepare our hearts, our minds, our bodies for the week we'll be there....for God to prepare a way for us to move and build relationships...for safety...for boldness in sharing the Gospel...for wisdom in medical care...for increased submission to God's will and leading and guidance...the list goes on and on, but there's a start.

And finances. The cost of the trip is $2600 and I've got $900 left. Would you pray and give as God leads? I am fully confident in His provision and am trusting Him to provide the remaining funds in two weeks. 

Here's the link to donate: https://www.e3partners.org/erinscooper2012

Thank you, thank you!

1 comment: