Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Not even a glitch!


Aaah, sitting in McDonald's just after noon in London! (ONLY reason I'm at a McDonald's is because it has free wifi...) London is currently chilly with a lovely drizzle to cool your cheeks. After lugging 2 suitcases and my backpack from the airport into LDN via the Tube, I welcome some cool mist!

I'm happy to report that all travel thus far has been safe and uneventful - save the few tears and jitters at the start of the trip. Had two lovely flights here - sat next to great people each time. First flight I ended up next to a guy from my church in Charlotte - the odds! Second flight also gave me a divine appointment...the opportunity to watch The Proposal which helped calm any lingering nerves. Sleep was not something present on the plane for me though. I have learned my lesson and will get over my aversion to medication for the next flight. It'll be twice as long! No worries - a little caffeine and the day will be mine!

I'm off to explore....

2 comments:

  1. You should be drinking beer right now...oh no worries, in London, you can drink on the street (YAY!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look pretty awake & alert for someone who just finished two flights & crossed a few time zones!

    ReplyDelete