Thursday, October 26, 2017

Part 9: The Promises And The Ask

***Just a reminder...this is our story...God asked me to share it, it is not to say it is right and any story is wrong...all of our journeys through infertility can reflect God's beauty. This is just me, writing my heart. :) ***



In the midst of me feeling crazy, there was the book. 

Supernatural Childbirth

The book my patient’s sister had sent me. I hadn’t read it except for the prayer we prayed each night. 

Why? 

I can’t tell you except for God’s timing. I needed it just at the moment He reminded me of it. 

It was a Wednesday night, I opened the book after coming home from church. I read and read and read, waiting for Stephen to come home too. We were still in that waiting time after IUI. My period was late. Not normal for me. But was it just the medication delaying the inevitable? I was exhausted from trying to read into every little thing my body did. I was so very weary of being in this mental back and forth yo-yo: we are pregnant, no we can’t be, but we might me, could we really be, nope we aren’t, but...could we still be? 

I had had enough. 

I needed something more than my thoughts to go on. Something more than the comfort of Scripture. I needed to know exactly what God had to say about all this. 

So I read. 

Parts of His scripture I’d read before but never in a time I needed those words. Yet here they were! It’s easy to miss them when you’re far removed from their content. 

But now? 

They were a lifeline. 

His words. Bold. Promising. Truth.

After that first night, I hadn’t finished the book, but I knew enough to know that God didn’t create anyone to be barren. 

Barrenness wasn’t in His plan. 

It wasn’t His will. 

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it.”
Genesis 1:28

Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Yes, this will be the blessing for the man who fears the Lord.
Psalm 128:3-4

He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother.
Psalm 113:9

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Galatians 3:13

“He [Christ] himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
1 Peter 2:24

But you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water; and I will remove sickness from your midst. There shall be no one miscarrying or barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days."
Exodus 23:25-26

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.”
Mathew 18:19

“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of Him.”
1 John 5:14-15

And He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be free from your suffering.”
Mark 5:34

Healing! Freedom! Freedom from this fear! 

That sounded like my God. 

And the very next day? My body told me moments before leaving for work that indeed, IUI was not successful. 

Hello period. 

You know what? I was sad like every month before...but something was different this time. 

I didn’t feel shaken. 

I began to think about my body undergoing the whole IUI regimen again - which would literally have to start the next day. Day after day of some intervention - a probe inside, swallowing a med, peeing on a stick, the IUI procedure, more medications. I simply couldn’t do it. 

I could not. 

My body wasn’t my own. It didn’t know up from down. No hormones functioning on their own. Granted, they weren’t functioning properly on their own before meds, but here was evidence they weren’t functioning properly with medical help either. 

I needed a break from medicine. From it all. 

That night as Stephen and I dialogued about the last month, about the book, it became very clear what God was asking us to do.

Let Me do this, Me alone. Let me show you.

He wanted all the responsibility on Him. He was going to make this happen. In a way where He and only He could get all the glory when that healthy pregnancy occurred. 

It was scary in a way. A relief in other ways. It was definitely uncharted territory. To believe on Him for healing from infertility without medical intervention. 

It was one of the most special nights we’d had. So connected to each other. So surrendered to our Lord. 

Stephen prayed, “God, You have our attention. Come move mountains. Come do what only You can do.” 

We were claiming is promises. 

And that night, we felt a shift. 

Fear was replaced with faith

We prayed out of faith, not fear. 

We talked out of faith, not fear. 

We believed in faith without fear. 

We trusted in faith without fear. 

We had moved from intervention to intercession.

I turned in my childhood fear for a childlike faith.

Thank You, Lord, for making this possible. For your freedom. For your sacrifice on the cross that frees me from sickness, from fear, from failure. Frees me from the curse of the law. Frees me to walk in all your promises, believing them for us, for our lives. Because You are so faithful and so good. Your word is clear. We believe and receive what You have spoken. 

Every word. 

“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are ‘Yes’ in Christ. And so through Him the ‘Amen’ is spoken by us to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.”
2 Corinthians 1:20-22

Yes. And amen!




Get those words on repeat in your head by listening to this fabulous song "Yes and Amen" by Housefires! YouTube video link here.


Also, have since discovered this incredible (more updated) gem of a book! God's Plan for Pregnancy: From Conception to Childbirth and Beyond by Nerida Walker. It came out in 2012, verses Mize's book which came out in 1993. I HIGHLY recommend it!!

Ok y'all. Only ONE more post to go! Thank you for hanging in there with me. For reading, praying, encouraging, sharing your stories with me. Check back in a few days for the final post!






6 comments:

  1. Can’t wait for #10! Love reading and praying for you and seeing God move in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jaclyn!! So grateful for your love and support and prayer!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Our God moves mountains. It's an amazing feeling when going through struggles and you reach that point when your struggles don't hold you in the bondage of fear. Freeing when you have reached the point of "let go and let God" because your faith has taken over. You're a strong woman like others I know that share your experience. Can't wait to see how God works in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kareen. May He move mightily and be glorified!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful words Erin! Thank you for sharing. Continue to Stand firm in your faith

    ReplyDelete