Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Guatemala

Who: Me and 13 others
What: Guatemala Mission trip
When: June 16 (this Saturday!) - June 23
Where: San Pedro (Lake Atitlan area) and Antigua
Why: That is the question only God knows the answer to...and even when we ask Him, He usually keeps the answer to Himself, so I will say "Where You go I go...I will follow."

This past fall I was given the opportunity to co-lead this trip. It was exciting to me and scary at the same time. While I've been on overseas trips before, I've never led one. And while I felt hugely inadequate to do something of this caliber, that's what God wants, right? Someone who doesn't think they can? Well, then that's me. It's been a fun and challenging journey through the past several months leading up to the trip. It has been a busy Spring for many reasons. At times I've felt excited, weary, overwhelmed, grateful, obedient, inadequate, hopeful. I could go on and on. For me personally, God is stirring so many things in me - I'm not sure what to even expect while we're down there. There are words that He has on repeat inside of me. Questions that keep challenging my faith to grow, my trust to increase. I've been on this war kick for awhile now. Believing strongly that we are called to spiritual battle every day of our lives, it's all over in His Word. The armor of God has been on my mind for several months, specifically the shield (of faith) and the sword (of the Spirit). I've been challenged with what these look like in our lives, how I strengthen my walk as I carry the shield and sword (all pieces of the armor are significant, I just feel God has me focusing currently on these two). And most recently He's challenging me with specifically what that looks like as a woman, as a daughter of Christ. How do I live out this life as an ezer-warrior? More on that to come...much more. As for now, I'm making final preparations for this trip and feel that He's got some work down there what will require my shield and sword.

God has put together an incredible team of people excited to see Him glorified and ready to be put to use in any way asked of them to further His Kingdom. Would you pray for us? Would you pray for strength and energy for the team, for divine appointments and conversations with locals, unity on the team and with Impacto Ministries, for encouragement and validation of what God's been doing already with the people of Guatemala, ultimately that God would be glorified in everything we do and say?

We'll be blogging while we're down there. Travel with us and pray! Check out our team member profiles, some incredible "God-stories" of the past few months as we've prepared, and updates daily of our travels. Our blog for the trip is:

http://lcguatemala2012.wordpress.com/

So I travel with His armor. His love and protection. His mercy and grace. This is the cry of my heart, summed up in Hillsong's You:

Invading all my weakness
You wrapped me up in grace
The worst of me succeeded by the best of You
My heart if overtaken
My soul is overwhelmed
The worst of me succeeded by the best of You
My dreams have found their purpose
My future in Your hands
This life would have no meaning if it weren't for You
So I lay me down
For Kingdom come
Steal all that is within me
Cause all I want in this world is more of You
And less of me it is you
Increasing as I fade away
Your light for all the world to see
God it is You who breaks the chains
It is You who lights the way
And everything I am cries out for You
Lord make my life transparent
Your life in mine displayed
And let every earthly glory go back to You
So I lay me down
For Kingdom come
Steal all that is within me
Cause all I want in this world is more of You
And less of me it is You
Increasing as I fade away
Your light for all the world to see
God it is You who breaks the chains
It is You who lights the way
And everything I am cries out for You


1 comment:

  1. Goodness how I love that song. That was the song of my heart through and through last year, especially when I was in Haiti last April. My journal is filled with breaking down those lyrics and translating them to my heart.

    ReplyDelete